Larson Middle School
Incoming 6th Grade
Transition Activities 2019-20
Student/Parent Welcome Night
Monday April 15, 2019 7:00 pm Costello and Troy Union
Wednesday April 17, 2019 7:00 pm Hill and Wass
(Can’t make your elementary school’s visit? Come on the other night!)
Larson Middle School Cafeteria (approximately 1 hour)
- Learn about transition activities from 5th to 6th grade, including Adventure Island!
- Observe a “Day in the Life” of current Larson 6th grade students
- Hear how iPads are being used in the 6th grade classroom
- Meet other future LMS students
- Meet Larson Staff
- Walk the building – see your future classrooms!
5th Grade Visit Lunch
Monday, May 13, 2019 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Students transported by bus from elementary feeder schools
- Students from other TSD elementary schools need to provide own transportation
- Students may either bring bag lunch or purchase lunch
- Students new to TSD for sixth grade – call 248-823-4800 for reservation
Adventure Island is our Welcome Program for incoming sixth grade Larson Middle School students.
Last year, nearly 80% of our incoming sixth grade class attended! Students will meet many of their teachers and classmates, and conquer the dreaded locker before school even begins!
Larson Middle School Gym
Tentative Dates: August 12-15, 2019
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Cost: $75 (PaySchools sign-up starting April 15, 2019)